Greed in a recruiter is not a bad thing but here are 5 rules to keep it pointed in the right direction:
Article Continues Below
How mature is your hiring process? Answer these 5 questions and find out.
- The client pays the bills and specifies the requirements. They may not always be right but we have to listen to them.
- The candidate makes it possible for the placement to be made. They need to be respected and will be second priority but not second-class.
- Clients and candidates can change positions over time and we need to treat everyone with respect or that can hurt you.
- Our job is to manage the hiring process, not make the decisions. If we can make the process easier it is a plus.
- Think long term to build and short term to destroy.