It’s important for recruiters to stay updated on how the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission views the fairness of candidates’ pre-employment tests. The EEOC says tests may be illegal if they are:
Article Continues Below
- Administered by a healthcare professional.
- Interpreted by a healthcare professional.
- Designed to reveal a physical or mental impairment.
- Detailed enough to be considered â€œinvasive.â€
- Designed to measure an applicantâ€™s â€œpsychological response to performing a taskâ€ (rather than â€œan ability to perform the taskâ€).
- Normally given in a medical setting.
- Administered using medical equipment.