TheRecruiterU.com has been running an ongoing survey since January 2008 that asks â€œWhat are two or three things that keep you up at night as a recruiting firm owner?â€
Of the over 500 responses so far, finding, attracting, and onboarding successful recruiters is the overwhelming thing causing recruiting firm owners sleepless nights as it was mentioned by over 64% of the respondents. A distant second was managing cash flow by 43% of respondents.
Probably not a huge surprise, but with over 500 responses, TheRecruiterU.com’s findings validate beyond a shadow of a doubt recruiting firm owners biggest headache.
Article Continues Below
How mature is your hiring process? Answer these 5 questions and find out.
There are six deadly mistakes search firm owners make in this process. Each is tied to the other and if one â€˜linkâ€™ in the chain is broken, the whole chain breaks:
- Owners are not clear on â€œwhyâ€ they are hiring.
- Owners have weak finding and attracting â€œsystemsâ€ for new talent.
- Owners do not have a defined interview process.
- Owners do not have a defined onboarding system.
- Owners have an â€œownersâ€ mentality for new hire motivation.
- Owners have poor follow-up systems for new hires.