In some job markets, posting statewide can be ineffective. Unemployment might be so low that no one is interested in moving. The state may be so large, no one in the north cares what?s offered in the south. So now that we?ve exhausted each of the states in the U.S., this week we?ll look at city-specific sites where you can post your job ads for free. IN CALIFORNIA:
- The Bay area – Request a link to your jobs page from: http://www.bayareacareers.com/add.html
- Southern California – Job Search in southern California is located at: http://www.ventura.com/jsearch/unique/
- Jacksonville – Try: http://www.leading.net/JobBank/
- Southern Florida – Consider adding a link to SoFla.com at: http://www.sofla.com/shared/mod_perl/looksmart/
- Boston – If you?re a corporate recruiter looking in Boston, try the Boston Job Source at: http://bostonjobsource.com (agencies must pay a nominal fee).
- Greater Boston – Try Career Moves at: http://www.JVSjobs.org/
IN NORTH CAROLINA:
Article Continues Below
- In the Charlotte area, use Charlotte?s Web at: http://www.charweb.org/job/jobform.html
- In Philadelphia, look at Philly Works where you can add your site?s URL at: http://www.phillyworks.com/addurl.html
- If you?re in Southwestern Pennsylvania, add your jobs page at: http://trfn.clpgh.org/Employment/employreg.shtml
- In Pittsburgh, add your jobs page at: http://www.pghguide.com/pghjobs/jobsites.html or http://www.pghguide.com/pghjobs/listjob.html.
- Houston – If you need a candidate in Houston, try Houston Employment Opportunities at: http://www.wt.net/cgi/bb/bbb.pl?hccom_job.