Interim Association launches outreach effort to Private Equity firms during Great Recession

The Interim Association has launched an outreach effort to Private Equity firms to promote the Association’s members, especially those fulfilling CFO, COO, and CEO Private Equity interim assignments.
The Interim Association and its members:
  • Represent a substantial network of over 5000 experienced executives available for opportunities
  • Cover the spectrum of C-Level, VP, and Director titles
  • Include seasoned executive talent in a wide variety of industry sectors such as Healthcare, Pharma, Consumer, Hi-Tech, IT, Industrial and Energy
  • Hold deep experience in leading Private Equity held businesses, M&A, turnarounds, restructurings and exit activity
The interim management industry, a $3.8 billion dollar industry in Europe, is poised for dramatic growth in the United States. CNN Money has estimated the interim management industry in the U.S. alone to be a $26 billion dollar industry in the next decade.  The mindset is shifting in those who hire interim managers and those who are interim executives in America. Anne Fisher, a contributing writer for Fortune wrote of the industry: “Only about 10% of those polled say they’re doing contract or interim work because they got laid off; the overwhelming 90% majority jump from one employer to another because they like the variety and flexibility of it.”
Although the Interim Association itself does not place executives into assignments, its member interim management/recruiting agencies do. The Interim Association builds the connections between corporate clients, interim executives and management agencies, as well as those that provide resources and utilize interim executives, such as the Private Equity industry. This network provides a voice for the interim executive management field, helping to fulfill the mission of the Association: to facilitate the growth of the interim executive management industry by helping corporate clients and interim managers through education, member certification, standards and professional resource connections.
About the interim management industry
In Europe, the interim management industry has been growing by an average of 20% per year over the past ten years, and has doubled that growth during the past five years. Similar patterns are emerging in America. The growth in the industry is a result of not only the increasing success that companies have experienced using interim management, but also from the constantly evolving change within the business environment itself: successful senior level executives are downsized as companies merge and reorganize, and outsourcing and mergers create an immediate need for proven leadership. Most important to this growth, however, is that interim managers are no longer seen as ‘temporary solutions’ but successful strategic initiatives. Bloomberg BusinessWeek, WSJ, CFO, Financial Times and others have written about the growth of the industry in the U.S. throughout the past year.

Amybeth Quinn began her career in sourcing working within the agency world as an Internet Researcher. Since 2002, she has worked in both agency and corporate sourcing and recruiting roles as both individual contributor and manager, and also served previously as the editor of The Fordyce Letter, FordyceLetter.com and SourceCon.com, with ERE Media. These days she's working on some super cool market intelligence and data analytics projects. You can connect with her on Twitter at @researchgoddess.

Topics

2 Comments on “Interim Association launches outreach effort to Private Equity firms during Great Recession

  1. I love those numbers. I think what Anne Fisher means is that “We know 10% are honest. The other 90%, who knows?” Not knocking the overall concept but it is one of those things that will have a signal to noise ratio of a blue crab or an artichoke. How’s that for a mixed metaphor.

    C’mon NONE of my client C-Level execs tell me… Dave, I am doing fine here but get me a new job because I want variety and flexibility.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *