If you’re reading this, you’ve probably noticed some pretty major changes to the ERE.net site and our daily newsletter. It’s the culmination of months of work by Jim and Hunter, our crack development team.
The first things that you’ve noticed are no doubt cosmetic – we’ve got a snazzy new look! But beauty is only skin deep, and (I hope) the new features that we’ve created are going to increase the value that you get from ERE.net in a fundamental way.
Here are some of the new features that we’ve put together:
Article Continues Below
Guide: Practical Tips for Remote Hiring
- Easier navigation. In the past, we’ve had multiple publications on the site – ERE Daily, Inside Recruiting, and The Vendor Report. There were themes that set these publications apart, but fundamentally each delivered news and how-to information for recruiters. We’ve combined all of the articles that we publish into a single feed that will “live” on our home page.
- More articles. Starting today, we’ll be publishing articles more frequently – whenever we learn something new you’ll be able to read it here in real-time.
- Comments. When you comment on an article on the site, you can now choose to have all future comments on that article emailed to you by checking a box. This means that there is now an easy way to follow the conversation and responses to what you wrote!
- Multimedia. We’ve been using more audio and video on the site already, but expect to see a lot more of it.
- Improved RSS support. I read every article on ERE.net via an RSS Reader. For me, it’s the most useful way to manage my subscriptions. (I use Google Reader.) For those of you who use RSS readers to manage your subscriptions you’ll find many powerful new ways that you can customize the feeds that you subscribe to, including your favorite authors, keywords and columns. If you don’t know what RSS is, this video created by Common Craft does a great job of explaining it.
- Better Search. I’m not going to waste your time by explaining how it’s better. It just is. Give it a whirl and see what I’m talking about!
The new site is a huge step forward for us, but we still have a lot of work to do. In particular, we still need to do a lot with our social network – the groups, discussions and other features of the network need work, and we know it. We’ve been having some great conversations with group leaders and heavy users of the site, and it is next on our to-do list.
I’m pretty excited about the new site, and I hope that you like it as much as I do. It’s a work in progress, so let me know what you think in the comments!