On ERE.net this week – ERE Expo 2009 Spring:
Hundreds of you are already in San Diego or en route for the ninth annual spring ERE Expo. However, there are still a lot of benefits to the entire ERE community around ERE Expo.
For starters, check regularly on the ERE.net article feed for posts from our editors and authors onsite in San Diego. If you use Twitter, make sure to follow @ereexpo and the hashtag #ereexpo for up-to-the minute updates from the show.
Also, several of the sessions will be live streamed right here on the ERE.net homepage. All you need to do is activate the Ustream box on the top of ERE.net during show hours to watch. Of course, we can’t recreate the entire experience of being there, but we still want to bring you a flavor of some of the valuable content being shared at the Expo.
Here is the rundown of what will be streamed live from the show. For more details on these sessions and speakers, view the agenda here. (Note: all times listed are PDT time):
TUESDAY, MARCH 31:
- 8:45 – 10:00 a.m. – Welcoming remarks & opening address from our conference chair, Michael McNeal from Intuit
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. – Trapped by Success w/ Scott Pitasky from Microsoft
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Lessons learned from the 2009 Recruiting Excellence Awards (which are to be announced on Monday night!)
- 2:15 – 3:30 p.m. – How 20th Century Fox is using web-based onboarding for branding and retention w/ Garry Ellis from Fox Filmed Entertainment
- 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. – Integrating social media & web 2.0 into your strategy w/ Ben Gotkin from RSM McGladrey
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1
- 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. – opening remarks from Michael McNeal
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Morning Keynote Presentation: How the New President Will Affect the Outlook for the Economy, Financial Markets & Jobs w/ Dr. Robert Genetski, Sr. Management Director, Chicago Capital, Inc.
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Panel Discussion: Managing Change
- 1:30 – 2:45 p.m. – Social Media Marketing for Recruiting w/ Rob Humphrey from Veer Orange
- 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. – LEAN Recruiting w/ Cathy Henesey from Trane
- 4:15 – 5:00 p.m. – Closing session – the take-aways
On Monday night in San Diego, the winners of the 2009 Recruiting Excellence Awards will be announced, so watch the site to find out who won this year.
Article Continues Below
The Impact of Gendered Wording on Candidate Attraction
For those of you in the San Diego area who won’t be attending the full conference, make sure to try and come to the San Diego area recruiters meetup on Tuesday evening at the San Diego Convention Center.
A partial agenda is now available for ERE Expo 2009 Fall, which will be returning to south Florida in September. Book early to take advantage of the the big early bird discounts currently available.
Also stay tuned for more information about the first ever Social Recruiting Summit taking place on the Google Campus in June. There is already some healthy discussion around the topic taking place on Twitter so make sure to follow @socrecruiting to participate.
If you are in San Diego this week at ERE Expo and plan on providing updates to the community, please leave a note in the comments below with your blog address or Twitter account so others can follow as well.