During my visits with staffing managers I’m continually amazed at the number of innovations that firms are implementing in order to increase the impact of their recruiting efforts. Because I can’t visit every firm I am asking for your help in spreading the word about innovations in recruiting. As a result this week I am announcing a “share your best practices in recruiting” program. The concept is simple. Send me a brief description of any innovative approach or best recruiting practice that your firm has tried and I’ll mention the best ones in a future column. Best practices can be in any area of recruiting or employment but I’m particularly interested in best practices in the following areas:
- Innovative sources for finding candidates
- Innovative features on your firm’s Web page
- Strategies and tools that improve the offer acceptance rate
- Effective employment metrics
- Innovative strategies to reward managers and recruiters
- New uses of technology in staffing
- Innovative tools for identifying prospects
- Strategies for luring candidates from other firms
Article Continues Below
How mature is your hiring process? Answer these 5 questions and find out.
Don’t be shy, submit your nominations for best practices in recruiting via email to Dr John Sullivan at JohnS@sfsu.edu Please try to include not only a description of the practice by also any estimates you might have on the impact that the program had on your recruiting effort. No vendor submissions please. I’ll mention the best company examples in a future column. Thanks in advance for sharing!