Happy New Year! I am excited to bring you the first Peak at the Week post for 2010! Here is what is going on around the ERE.net world:
- Sign up for this week’s free webinar on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. ET: Talent Acquisition in 2010: A Look at Emerging Trends led by Dr. John Sullivan & Master Burnett.
- Have you started making your spring conference plans? Once again, San Diego is going to be the place to be this spring, hosting not only the 10th annual ERE Expo 2010 Spring conference, but also SourceCon.
- ERE Expo is fully revitalized this spring, featuring a new track for small and mid-sized businesses and 15 brand new speakers who have never spoken before at an ERE Expo conference. If you haven’t already, check out the full agenda and speaker list, and find out about the early bird discounts still available at www.ereexpo.com.
- During breaks at the Expo in San Diego, we’d like to show some of your videos. Make a 1-minute or shorter video of you telling your favorite recruiting story — it could be the most heartwarming advice or experience you’ve had, one that made you proud of the profession — or, it could be bad behavior by a candidate (or a manager!) during an interview, an employer brand gone awry, a botched recruitment ad campaign, or something else. Email Todd Raphael (he prefers PG-13 or cleaner) the Youtube embed code and we’ll pick some of the best to show at the upcoming conference.
- Back in October, we acquired SourceCon, the only conference dedicated solely to the sourcing and research community. We are now gearing up for the return of SourceCon, taking place in San Diego from March 14-15. Many of the best and brightest sourcers will be there in a rare chance to hear the secrets of those who spend their time finding those who don’t always want to be found. And, until January 29th, save $300. Check out all of the information at staging.sourcecon.com/2010.
I hope you have a great week, and feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments below.