- I hope you have cleared your calendar for today, as the first-ever Social Recruiting Summit will be streaming live from Google’s world HQ in Mountain View, CA. Unless you were one of the lucky ones to score a ticket to this sold-out event, make sure you tune in to the live stream starting with LinkedIn’s Co-Founder & CEO Reid Hoffman at 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. ET. You can find the stream both at the top of ERE.net & SocialRecruitingSummit.com. There is nothing to sign up for, just visit either one of those sites shortly before the event starts and you will see the uStream box at the top of the page. You can view the full agenda here. Also, if you are a Twitter user, participate in the conversation there by following @socrecruiting and the #socialrecruiting hashtag throughout the day.
- On the site today, we’re taking a look at what some companies are doing when it comes to recruiting on social media sites. You’ll see some of their experiments, what’s working well, and what’s keeping people up at night. Look for the article “Recruiting’s Smart Experiment With Social Media.”
- With so much talk about social media this week, are you taking advantage of ERE’s ability to connect you to information and contacts throughout the recruiting profession? Besides our own ERE community site, you can connect with other recruiters through ERE’s Facebook fan page and ERE.net’s LinkedIn group which has nearly 15,000 members. Also, you can follow ERE (@ere_net) and The Fordyce Letter (@FordyceLetter) on Twitter.
- Activity has been picking up the past few weeks on ERE’s recruiting job board. There have been 17 new postings over the past week alone. If you are looking for a new position in the recruiting field, make sure to check out the job board regularly to see new postings as they go up. You can also follow @recruiting_jobs on Twitter for updates. And if you are looking to add to your team, job postings are only $25 through August 1. Let’s help all our fellow recruiters get back to work!
- For those of you on the search and placement side of the business. there will be no Fordyce TV this week. However, if you weren’t able to make it out to Las Vegas last week for the third annual Fordyce Forum conference, you can check out the slides from many of the presentations here.
- ERE Expo 2009 Fall will be returning to Hollywood, FL from September 9 – 11. Make sure to register by July 3 to take advantage of the $300 early bird saving. In addition, ERE subscribers are entitled to an additional discount, let me know if you didn’t receive your product code yet.
I hope you have a great week, and feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments below.
Article Continues Below
Guide: Practical Tips for Remote Hiring
Hundreds of tech hiring teams have halted their standard hiring processes in favor of remote interviewing, sourcing and screening, which can directly impact the candidate experience. Download this guide to see how the best-in-class teams approach remote tech hiring in a dynamic, candidate-centric market.