- There will be no Fordyce TV this week as the Fordyce Letter team will be in Las Vegas for the third annual Fordyce Forum conference. If you are in the area and interested in coming by, drop me a line. The conference takes place from Wednesday to Friday at the brand new M Resort Hotel.
- On Thursday at 2:00 p.m. ET, sign up for this week’s free ERE webinar: Social Networking – The Future of Your Recruitment Strategy, led by Susan Burns. This webinar will provide you with an approach to crafting a world-class recruiting strategy to guide your organization and strengthen your competitiveness for talent – today and tomorrow!
- Susan will then be traveling out to California next Monday, June 15 to serve as the chairperson to the first ever Social Recruiting Summit. While the event is sold out, make sure to clear your calendar as the summit will be live streaming online, both here on ERE.net and SocialRecruitingSummit.com.The event kicks off at 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. ET with the opening address led by LinkedIn’s Co-Founder & CEO Reid Hoffman. Check out the full agenda here.
- Last week, we finalized the acquisition of Jobboarders.com in partnership with Jason Davis. Jobboarders is a great online community made up of over 1,200 members who work in the online job board industry. Read some more about this exciting acquisition in my post from last week.
- If living and working in this economy of disappearing jobs, tiny budgets, and little recruiting is getting a bit old, Howard Adamsky will have some suggestions for you on Tuesday.
- There are 8 new recruiter job postings on jobs.ere.net over the past week. Remember you can follow new opportunities on Twitter with @recruiting_jobs. And job postings are only $25 through August 1!
- We just added a new speaker to the ERE Expo 2009 Fall conference agenda, Richard Hamilton from Fluor, who will join others like the EEOC, Adidas, Wal-Mart, Microsoft, American Cancer Society, Fifth Third Bank, and many more on this year’s speaker faculty. Make sure to sign up by July 3 to secure your early bird rate, and if you didn’t get my email about a special ERE subscriber rate, let me know and I will send you the information.
If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Have a great week!
Article Continues Below
5 Ways to Hire Like It’s 2021
We dug deep to learn what job seekers want from an employer for 2021. While there are more candidates seeking work, there’s also more competition among businesses for the most qualified people. Get the leading edge with this free guide.