- Later today at 2:00 p.m. ET, sign up for this week’s free webinar, Taking Control of EVP: How to Measure, Manage and Improve Your Employment Brand Presence led by Mitzi Adwell from The Newman Group. We’ll explore tactics for defining the attributes that differentiate your organization in the eyes of candidates and employees, highlighting those differentiators through your marketing and communications efforts to candidates, and opportunities for improving talent operations to bring those differentiators to life.
- Friday is the last chance to take advantage of the ERE Expo 2009 Fall early bird discount. This year’s event, returning to the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, FL from September 9 – 11 features presentations from Adidas, Wal-Mart, Microsoft, American Cancer Society, Fifth Third Bank, and many more. Topics include everything from employer branding, onboarding, and several topics focused on social recruiting.
- We’re going to add a new session to our Fall Expo agenda. It’s going to be a closing session on social media — an all-star panel including DaVita, Sodexo, Adidas, and others, moderated by Susan Burns. It’s just one more of a group of sessions we’re having on the topic, including one by Marvin Smith from Microsoft, a couple of legal sessions, a presentation on developing a social-media recruiting strategy, and more.
- Also this week, our Editor-in-Chief Todd Raphael talks to Alan Strauss, who’s doing a talent-acquisition project for Lockheed Martin and is well-connected in the D.C.-area corporate recruiting community, about bringing in “A-players” to corporations; what the best recruiters are doing to keep their jobs; and what sorts of questions recruiters should be asking their customers to become more influential and strategic.
- There have been 12 new postings during the past week on our recruiting job board. If you are looking for a new opportunity make sure to check it regularly and also follow new postings on Twitter at @recruiting_jobs. And if you are looking to add to your team, remember 30 day postings are only $25 through August 1.
Have a great week everyone, and for our US readers I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!
Article Continues Below
5 Ways to Hire Like It’s 2021
We dug deep to learn what job seekers want from an employer for 2021. While there are more candidates seeking work, there’s also more competition among businesses for the most qualified people. Get the leading edge with this free guide.