Article Continues Below
Guide: Practical Tips for Remote Hiring
Hundreds of tech hiring teams have halted their standard hiring processes in favor of remote interviewing, sourcing and screening, which can directly impact the candidate experience. Download this guide to see how the best-in-class teams approach remote tech hiring in a dynamic, candidate-centric market.
- JobVidi is a “social network for jobs.” It’s explained here, and allows people to log in using their LinkedIn profiles. JobVidi’s James Brookner says via email that “70% of recruiters are using their LinkedIn status to promote job updates — JobVidi is the first platform to enable recruiters to post directly from their LinkedIn status onto another platform. We also have a candidate value tool which can be used to engage passive job seekers. So candidates who are just seeking to find out their value and marketability in a certain market can submit requests for advice and career management to recruiters specializing in a certain sector.” Based in London, JobVidi has £100,000 of angel investment from Nabila Sadiq, who used to head temporary recruitment at the recruiting agency Joslin Rowe.
- Speaking of social networks: a new site called Goalee, explained here, pulls in data from LinkedIn and Facebook to make it easier to find social media connections. So those looking for, say, a design job in Miami can know who they might want to connect with.
- Out of India, there’s a new way to assess IT talent.
- Onboarding meets gaming (see graphic) with the Giver launch. Its Israeli founder also started a rehab organization helping 1,700 mentally ill people get jobs. It’s raising money and has five employees.
- Rerisa is a new way to find experts, which, naturally, means the coveted passive job candidates.