1. Perform the closest activity to a placement first: What could be simpler than this? When planning your day simply prioritize whatâ€™s closest to revenue.
2. Execute marketing calls each day: I suggest making between 5-25 calls each day. The amount you make depends on how close you are to â€œfull capacityâ€. Full capacity for most contingency people is 5-10 â€œAâ€ level searches & for retained, 3-4 searches.
3. Ask yourself, â€œWhatâ€™s the fastest way to a sendout?â€ In real estate, there are three things you must keep in mind when buying a home: location, location, location. In recruiting, there are three things that lead to placements: sendouts, sendouts, and sendouts.
4. Do a little bit of each part of the business each day: I heard this idea from Peter Leffkowitz when I started out as a recruiter and itâ€™s made a huge impact in my ability to avoid the peaks and valleys of production.
5. Work in segments (marketing segment, sourcing segment etc): This is something that all recruiters know but few consistently execute. Itâ€™s a hallmark of high production.
6. Plan each segment the night before:I recommend planning for a full our each day from 4-5 PM.
7. Do not take incoming calls during a calling segment: This takes discipline but will produce big results for you. Return calls after you finish planning at 5 PM.
8. Print your plan: Have a physical plan in front of you so you can cross things off (could be a computer print out).
Article Continues Below
9, Create a daily template for what time you will do each activity: You must have a set schedule template in order to plan. See my example below:
An example of a daily schedule:
08:30-09:30 AM- Priority calls (prep/ debrief/ references/ offers etc.)
09:30-11:00 AM- Marketing calls
11:00-12:00 PM- Interview candidates
12:00-01:00 PM- Lunch
01:00-01:30 PM- Sourcing/ Name Gathering
01:30-04:00 PM- Recruiting
04:00-05:00 PM- Planning
Gary Stauble is the principal consultant for The Recruiting Lab, a coaching company that assists Firm Owners and Solo Recruiters in generating more profit in less time. Gary offers FREE how-to Articles, Tools & Special Reports online to assist you in building your firm. Learn more now at www.therecruitinglab.com.