Well, there was quite a response to that request for startups to give a short demo at the ERE event in San Diego.
Dozens contacted me, and I’m still taking a look at them. But, in the meantime, I’m finding that many new companies could be categorized this way:
Article Continues Below
5 Ways to Hire Like It’s 2021
- Startups finding new ways to match people with companies, based on candidates’ interests, skills, motivations, and more, and a company’s culture.
- Startups looking to better translate skills from the military to civilian life.
- Bots … and more bots. Lots of bots.
- College recruiting tools, to both automate/simplify the college recruiting process, and make it smarter in the sense of less reliance on interviews and career-center/career-fair visits.
- Ways to improve job interviews.
- Predictive tools to measure who might be willing to leave their jobs soon if they got an offer.
- Combinations of recruitment agencies with technologies; in other words, new agencies which say their matching technology gives them an edge over other headhunting firms.
Stay tuned for more as I winnow down the list to see who’ll give demos in my session at the ERE conference.