Out of Stockholm comes Jobylon. Launching a public beta, it’s a site where people sign up with Facebook and see jobs that their friends and those friends’ friends might be interested in. If a friend or a friend of a friend gets hired, the referrer gets a reward.
That’s just a sampling of what’s new. Here are a few recent launches and tidbits that you may not know about:
Article Continues Below
- Collegefeed is in a public beta at three colleges as a sort of LinkedIn for people early in their careers. It hopes to be available across the U.S. this fall.
- From Boston, launching in Beta, is Gozaik. College students and recent grads will use it to make multimedia (audio, video, photos, more) resumes, apply to tweeted jobs, and see which employers are “trending.” Employers can track applicants, post jobs, and see which candidates are trending. It has five employees and about $400,000 while it pursues a first round of funding.
- There’s a new marketing and advertising job network.
- HireRight has a bunch of new ways to check peoples’ past.
- Out of London, Milkround launched a new student/grad recruiting site, online and mobile.
- I’m not sure if you remember Silp. It’s partnering with a company called x28. A Silp co-founder says via email that “Silp realizes a partial exit, gets funding, and secures access to valuable assets such as the technology, products, resources, know-how, and distribution. The goal is to establish Silp as an international platform — a career companion for millions of passive candidates.”
- A new site has a name that’s pretty self-explanatory: StudentFreelance.
- Recruit Buddy is helping companies create job sites, spread their jobs, distribute articles about their company, and interview with webcams.
- Sourcers can see who’s near them who they should meet with CanWeNetwork. It’s an Austin-based, venture-capital backed company that recently launched and still perfecting its product.
- Colleague has a way to search — x-ray — a website with Internet Explorer to find candidates.
- OppsPlace is a new site for hiring minority candidates.